Notice to Applicants Requesting TDA Funding:
The purpose of the Cumberland County Tourism Development Authority (the “TDA”) is to promote increased travel, tourism and use of lodging, meeting and convention facilities in Cumberland County. Consistent with that statutory requirement, the TDA evaluates all proposals for TDA funding with consideration of the following factors:
- Does the proposal describe how it will promote, advertise and market travel and tourism, and travel and tourism-related activities and businesses and the increased use of lodging, meeting and convention facilities in Cumberland County?
- Will TDA funding be applied DIRECTLY to promoting, advertising or marketing travel and tourism in Cumberland County, or an activity or business that markets or promotes travel and tourism in Cumberland County, as opposed to being applied to general or administrative support of the applicant?
- Does the proposal include projections or estimates of the impact of the activity proposed to be funded on a target audience, or of numbers of visitors in or to Cumberland County, or amount of advertising impressions or marketing exposure expected to be derived from the funding?
- Does the proposal include a method of measuring (tracking) the success of the activity in promoting increased travel, tourism and use of lodging, meeting and convention facilities in Cumberland County?
- Is the budget submitted with the proposal specific about how the requested funds will be spent on promoting, advertising or marketing travel and tourism in Cumberland County?
- To what extent has the applicant considered, investigated and pursued other potential funding sources?
- Is the applicant seeking one-time funding, as opposed to trying to fund a proposal that may need recurring funding?
TDA’s regularly scheduled meetings are at 8:00 a.m., on the fourth Wednesday of January, April, July and October in Room 564 on the Fifth Floor of the Cumberland County Courthouse and are open to the public.
Request for funding must be submitted no sooner than 180 days nor no less than 120 days before the proposed activity and are due in the Clerk’s Office no later than close of business on the last working day of the month prior to the meeting you wish to make your presentation.
Applicants must meet with the Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (FACVB), d/b/a DistiNCtly Fayetteville, thirty (30) days prior to submittal of a TDA funding request to develop and coordinate their marketing activities to meet the above objectives. Contact David Nash at 910-835-5087.
Successful TDA applicants will be required to use the FACVB tracking tools and to meet with the FACVB as soon as practicable after approval of funding to implement tracking tools from the beginning of the marketing campaign, to the day of event and post-event.
Successful TDA applicants will be required to complete an IRS W-9 Form to create a vendor record in the county’s financial system which will allow the issuance of payment.
For TDA funding forms, please contact Myra Brooks, Executive Assistant/County Attorney's Office, by email at or by phone at 678-7762.